1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2000 Prius error codes B100, C1521, C1522

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Amarjeet, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Amarjeet

Amarjeet New Member

Vehicle:
    2000 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi
    Red triangle appeared first about 2 months ago, then again a month later and again on 26 Dec when looking for parking had to snail around a lot in the car park and then wait on long queue to go up to the upper park level; couldn't reverse when found parking spot apparently battery totally drained out. Local tech scanned and found codes as mentioned above. C1521 and C1522 relates to Steering Wheel power motor, if I remember correctly. I had noticed some funny vibrating feeling to the steering wheel when coming off the driveway and trying to turn right. Other than this no driving problems at all. Any help to know further about codes B100, C1521 and C1522 would be greatly appreciated. Local tech wasn't sure of codes C1521 and C1522 and what to do about these. My car has done more than 2,00,000 Ks and running perfect. Thank you

2. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Is your car a Japanese imported NHW10 or one of the few officially imported NHW11's?

They look similar but there is a big difference between them. One was almost a test mule for the Japanese market only and has quite a few faults (these cars are also imported into the UK second hand from Japan). The latter had most issues ironed out before it was released to the world market.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Prius_(XW10)

3. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Welcome amarjeet. If your car has a 'spoiler' on the trunk (boot) lid it is an NHW11. Otherwise and NHW10. If the latter, I suggest you check in at the yahoo group called Mk1_Prius - it is the largest online group devoted to that model.

If yours is an NHW11, yuo can read more about the power steering 'shakes' in the archives here. Unfortunately it is not an uncommon problem.

4. Amarjeet

Amarjeet New Member

Vehicle:
    2000 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Tochatihu
    Many thanks for the link; still reading through.
    Will come back again with more questions, lol.
    AJ