1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2001-2003 Prius rear window deflector

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by nukehome, Aug 6, 2010.

1. nukehome

nukehome New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi there guys,

I've got a question about the rear window of my 2001 Prius. Every morning I get in and the rear window is covered with beads of water on the outside and when it rains it doesn't blow off great. I expect this is because the window slope isn't that great. I've used Rain-X to try and fix this but it hasn't done much.

Are there any rear window deflectors like the ones you can get for the side windows? I've seen on a few websites, but not specifically for the 2001-2003 Prius. Perhaps one from another car would fit?

I've got a question into several Chinese and Taiwan manufacturers but nothing yet...

Window visor , Window deflector, Chrome Window Visor, Vent Visor, Hood Guard, Bug Shields , Hood Protector direct from Taiwan

Roof Visor,Rear Window Sun Visor, Car Sun Guards for 01~ Sentra /Sunny - Product Picture From Hsin Yi Chang Industry Co., Ltd.

Sincerely,
    Larry Newcomb
    2001 Prius, 176,000 miles
    Jacksonville, FL

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Hi Larry,

I tried vortex generators on the top of the car before the window. I was trying to reduce high-speed drag and using tuff testing (i.e., masking tape holding 3" lengths of 1/4" package ribbon) verified they eliminated the reverse flow over the glass. However, I could detect no reduction in drag.

If you would like to test them, I think I still have them. Send me a PM and I'll ship them to you. Just share your results with the community.

Bob Wilson