1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2001 Emergency Flasher

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by sabercat, Jan 25, 2011.

1. sabercat

sabercat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Went out and started my 01 prius, this AM, and the triangle on the emergency button stayed on, turned the car off and on a few times, still on. Drove it about 8 miles still on, any ideas? I can't find anything in my manuel covering this. Thanks

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Did you try pushing that button to see if you can turn the emergency flashers off?

If the switch is broken so that the emergency flashers remain on, then it will have to be replaced.

3. sabercat

sabercat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

ya just the light is on, not the flashing of the lights, they do flash when I push the button in.

4. mlibanio

mlibanio Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Sounds like the turn signal relay is stuck and needs replacing. Its located in a VERY tight area where the fuse box is, (the fuse box located on the left dash, where you open up the drivers door. I believe it is near the middle of the fuse panel to the left, looks like a little black box. There are two other relays. You can find out which one simply by feeling the clicks when the lights are turning on and off. Or you can simply pull the relay off, and see when the lights turn off, then that is your relay. It costs about $40 or so. You don't have to get a Toyota one, but I would recommend it as the Prius signal system is a little funny, and the alarm flasher may behave weird with a non-OEM signal relay. Just an idea. Hope this works.

5. sabercat

sabercat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I'll check it out, thanks

6. ea8631

ea8631 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    The triangle on the emergency button will stay on in my prius if I turn on the headlight /tail light. I'm assume it just because you turn on the head light /tail light since you mention it happen AM (might night?). Try turn off all headlight / tail light and see what happen.