1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2001 Gen 1 - 211K - Grand Rapids, Mi - refurbish hybrid batt - SOLD!

Discussion in 'Prius Cars For Sale' started by enalnitram, Aug 19, 2015.

1. enalnitram

enalnitram Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    For sale is my 2001 Prius, which has been a great and dependable family car. I am the second owner. The first owner had it in Florida for about 6 years. I have had it in Michigan since then. The car has been driven carefully for its entire life and it still gets about 45 mpg in town.

The hybrid battery was replaced about 4 years ago by Taylor Automotive. The tires are good. Radiator and inverter coolant system recently flushed. The inverter pump is new. The brakes are really good. About 5 years ago the entire front end was rebuilt by Toyota of Grand Rapids, as a result of a Toyota recall. After that, it felt very solid and handled like new again.

In full disclosure, the issues: At high speeds the warning light sometimes comes on. The car keeps driving. And when I next come to a stop, I turn the car off and then on 4 times. The problem then goes away until the next time I go 45+ miles an hour (which is almost never because I have used it as an in-town car). This problem has come up recently. Diagnosis unknown. The front struts are also old. The a/c does not work.

This car has been overall well loved and with good care and some maintenance it will continue to run for a very long time.

IMG_1624.JPG

Attached Files:

#1 enalnitram, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015