1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

(2001) My passenger window came off track

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by fthorn, Aug 15, 2008.

1. fthorn

fthorn From gas hog to greenie to gas hog

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    At lunch the window would not go down. But my passenger pressed the button anyway. It came off the track. It's just loose in the door, really. I'm at work, but wanted to throw this out on the forum for some help before I get home.

Anyone had this happen?

Should I yank the door panel and look at it myself? Any tips, photos, manual, etc. for me to use?

Quick call to a dealer he did rough, rough estimate of $140.

Thanks to you all for responding, in advance.

2. fthorn

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for all the support. :)

I got some epoxy, popped the door panel off, and just slipped the glass in. $6, an hour's work. No sweat.

3. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    fthorn, it sounds like the glass hung up at the top and the carrier went down without it. If this is the case, one would want to know why the glass did not want to descend. Anyt ideas?

4. fthorn

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes. I have a large co-worker that was riding with me. I believe what he did was have his right arm pinning the glass (unknowingly) while trying to open the window with his left hand. I noticed the glass was outside (toward the outside) of the track/rubber weatherseal. There is a gap just big enough for the glass to slip into, but it was very tight there. So, I think he just didn't realize that he was exerting so much force onto the glass and coupled with 7-8 year old adhesive in the track/tabs that likely failed, I think that's what happened.