1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2001 Prius brakes are locked

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Pgoodyear, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Pgoodyear

Pgoodyear Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    2001 Prius, drove over a slightly rough ditch at slow speed (parking). Vehicle sat for 2 hours, got in started normally, would not move. Brakes are locked traction motor cannot move vehicle, in neutral vehicle will not roll. Allowed vehicle to sit 24 hours and vehicle moved 5 feet and locked up again. Checked ABS fuses and relays all good, checked Hydro relays 1&2 good. Voltage from battery is 12.7, key off, 12.3 key on. codes thrown were C0278, C1215, C1246, C1253, C1259, and now P1636. Using service manual check all of the relays and fuses, all appear good. I can hear the relays actuate and the Hydro pump run but brakes are still not releasing. All functions appear normal. I can reset t he codes with no change. I have a service manual (Toyota), very little experience with a hybrid vehicle. I replaced the traction battery a year ago, it shows full charge. Tried multiple brake manipulations with key on and key off, engine on, no change.

Pat