1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2001 Prius cruise control switch

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by statultra, Feb 26, 2008.

1. statultra

statultra uber-Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    instead of buying a cruise control switch, i have decided to modify a existing cruise control switch from a toyota celica from 1992. The switch is basically the same consisting of 4 resistors, one for cancel, one for resume, one for set, and one for cruise on/off. The problem I have is finding a local supplier that has like 1 resistor. I dont want t ogo buy like 100 resistors instead of just getting one.

Questions:
    Does the stock steering wheel have a mounting hole of some sort for the cruise switch?

and where can I get ONE resistor for each rating for the cruise switch.
    if not i may cut a hole and silicone the cruise switch behind the steering wheel pad.

2. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    These folks modified the steering wheel to accept the Prius CC selector:

2001 Prius Cruise Control -- Intro

So, do you know if the corolla switch has the correct value resistors? That data is buried in yahoo technical, somewhere.

do not know which FL retail stores their fulfill the role of Fry's Electronics on the west coast. It would be sad (for you ;) ) if none existed.

You could probably come up with a minimum mail order ($20?) of interesting stuff including resistors from Digi-key in MN. They are not the only option, but I think all the mail order shops have a minimum of some sort.