1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2001 Prius for Parts (no Catalytic Converter)

Discussion in 'Prius Cars For Sale' started by DaveGoodrich, Jan 29, 2024.

1. DaveGoodrich

DaveGoodrich Member

I have a 2001 Prius with 380,000 miles. Was running/driving great for my daughter, with no CEL etc., until its 2nd cat was stolen a few weeks ago. I'm in SoCal, so replacing the cat again is out of the question for me due to the high cost/low availability of an OEM cat.

Car has some good stuff:
    New OEM Toyota Traction Battery installed at 286k, so roughly 100k miles on the battery
    New Unity brand springs/struts/alignment on all four corners less than 10k ago
    Good Arroyo Eco Pro tires (also less than 10k miles)
    Windshield is newish - rest of the glass is good
    No known issues with the engine, PSD, inverter, etc. New plugs, coil packs and fuel injectors <20k ago.

Amazingly, the original interior is in good shape. Green exterior paint is very oxidized, with peeling clear coat. Body is straight (a couple minor dings, etc.), except trunk lid has a previous bondo repair.

If you have a cat, this car could be on the road again pretty easily, except, unfortunately, I reversed the polarity when trying to jump start it last week, so the main fuse is probably blown (some diy instructions for repairing this issue here.) If you can register it out of California, I believe you should be able to use a "generic" cat to get it going, at much lower cost than the OEM.

Looking to get $1,000 for it. Located in Redlands, CA 92373. Call/Text 909-557-3757.