1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2001 Prius HV Battery from Green Tec Auto Review

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by jtmcculloch, Apr 12, 2024.

1. jtmcculloch

jtmcculloch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    My 2001 Prius has been sitting for the last 7 years waiting for me to get the time to work on it. The HV Battery fried the Controller and wiring loom inside the HV unit. i charged the batteries individully and all but 5 charged up good over 7.5 volts. i was looking at replacing the 5 bad cells, internal wiring and the controller so i decided instead of fixing it i would jet buy a rebuilt HV Battery. After doing a lot of shopping on-line i chose Green Tec Auto & very glad i did.
    I ordered it from the 1-800 number in CT and Austin Baker was very helpful & made the ordering process smooth and easy. Dadrion Alexander was the Tech that delivered and installed the battery. He was very personable and did a great job. its rare to get the level of service i received from both of them. They are both credits to Green Tec Auto and i can't recommend them enough.

2. ronlewis

ronlewis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Sounds great to me, although GreenTec's Marketing person might sue you for plagiarism. I left the first Gen1 I owned sit in the garage for 4 years because Toyota wanted so much for the batteries. Finally, rebuilts finally started coming out, and I bought one from Dorman for $1800 installed at a Dallas shop - great guy, Chris, used to hang here.

I actually just got one of my cars back on the road yesterday. It sat in my driveway, then my garage for about 5 years. Got it repainted - niiice.