1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2001 Toyota Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by nitewolfgtr, Apr 16, 2007.

1. nitewolfgtr

nitewolfgtr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'm getting ready to purchase a 2001 Toyota Prius but it only has the tape deck. How can I install a CD Player?
    Thanks,

2. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Major dash disassembly required. You ready for that? We can probably dig up the steps somewhere.

Only the Toyota original 1CD and 6CD (changer) are fully compatible with the system. The connecting cable also has to be exactly right. Port installers in Newark NJ used to hook them up backwards and cause peculiar problems.

Salvage vehicle dismantlers will probably have them (used). Best new price might be from Metro TPN; a friend of PriusChat.

3. nitewolfgtr

nitewolfgtr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tochatihu @ Apr 17 2007, 10:17 AM) [snapback]424627[/snapback]</div>
    I was just planning on installing a factory cd player in the extra slot at the bottom... is that possible and if so, how hard is it? I've done many cd player installations in the past but I dont know if I have to disassemble the entire dashboard or not...
    Thanks,