1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2002 drainage plug

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by thoops, Jul 11, 2010.

1. thoops

thoops New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My 2002 Prius went through a car wash recently, and every since water has been dripping into the passanger side of the car. The water is from the air conditioning condensor and also, I believe, from rain. I believe the drainage hose is clogged... but can't find it. Can you tell me how I resolve this problem? By the way, my Prius has 215 k miles and is going strong.

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    There is a good chance the water is coming from the windshield washer basin on the firewall:
    [​IMG]
    My data cable is going in the air inlet vent that passes to the cabin air filter. If you open and remove the glove compartment, you can see the filter. I suspect you'll find it is soaked and/or failing. Here is the slot where the filter is located:
    [​IMG]
    I put a hole in the air filter to route the data cable into the cabin from the engine compartment.

Here is the pan that is under the windshield washer assembly:
    [​IMG]
    Hobbit has found the NHW20, especially those parked in areas with trees, can have the drain port clogged and collect water.

To access this area, you'll need to remove the wiper arms. Then the cover can be lifted and you'll have access to the area.

GOOD LUCK!
    Bob Wilson