1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2002 Jump Start

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Ajhbike, Jul 22, 2023.

1. Ajhbike

Ajhbike New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I am sure it has been asked a hundred times....2002 that had a dead rear battery age sitting for a year... tested the battery and it is shot. Looking to sell the car and just want to get it running. I tried disconnecting the battery and running cables from a good 12v battery to the old battery cable leads and all I get is the clicking sound. Wondering if a jump pack with increased CCA's will be effective.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I don't know maybe it's not the CCAs of the battery that's probably giving you a big problem here The HV battery probably is not going to have enough amps to do its job. But yeah take the battery out of something else even if you don't set it into the well just set it up on the edge of it If it's AGM you can turn it on its side temporarily connect the cables put your jump pack on it then you have a full battery in the car it's density backing up the jump pack and all that nonsense but then again this is the kind of things you're up against when you're just trying to skimp by so you can make a sale or do whatever so there's always that of course you don't know I don't know how the long the car's been sitting and what all's going to happen when you do get a good solid 12 volt in there I guess you're going to find out Good luck with that too.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If you can get enough power from your 12 volt jump battery to turn the key to just to ON (not START) and see the dash light up, then you can also connect a scan tool and ask the car why it will not go further and start, and it should tell you.