1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2002 Prius 80,000 Miles FOR SALE South Jersey, RED TRIANGLE

Discussion in 'Prius Cars For Sale' started by DSibilla, Jul 28, 2020.

1. DSibilla

DSibilla Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Hey guys,

I have a 2002 Prius with 80,000 miles here super clean and very well maintained I'm only the second owner and the first had it garage kept mostly. It has 4 new tires just put in 6 months ago, a 12v battery only about 6 months old as well, new filter, new spark plugs and otherwise regularly maintained.

The only thing unfortunately is that the dreaded red triangle of death has appeared about 2 weeks ago. I looked into a diy fix so I took apart the hybrid battery and replaced a single cell that was low as well as meticulously cleaned the copper plates that held them together. After rebuilding however the lights came back on after only one day.

I can't afford to pay for a new battery and I am lost as to what to do so If anyone out there has any interest in purchasing this vehicle as a fixer upper or what have you please let me know.

Attached are some pictures if you'd like to see anything else just let me know.

I'm asking for $5,000 obo.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. DSibilla

DSibilla Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Hey if there's anyone out there on the east coast looking for a project this car is seriously in great shape other than the codes.
    I'm willing to talk about a fair price.
    Thanks

3. egg_salad

egg_salad Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I do feel badly for your situation, and I'm not fully aware of Prius pricing in NJ, but around here, $5k buys you a fully operable '08-09 Prius.

4. DSibilla

DSibilla Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    One
    It might be around the same here actually, I think a fair price might more realistically be around 2 or 3. I was hoping someone would be interested before I look into scrapping it but at this point I may have to.

5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It would be a lot more useful if you could post the trouble codes. There are a couple hundred different reasons that triangle can come on, and if you haven't read the codes, it's just a guess that the hybrid battery even had anything to do with it. To a prospective buyer, it would be more useful simply to know what the car is complaining about.

6. DSibilla

DSibilla Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    One
    That is true sorry I didn't do that before.
    The current code is P3011.

7. DSibilla

DSibilla Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Maybe a more fair price would be $1,000.
    But I am open to any offers.