1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2002 Prius only came with stereo/cassette!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by OperaPixie, Jan 9, 2010.

1. OperaPixie

OperaPixie New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm about to purchase a 2002 Prius with realllllly low mileage, but am not thrilled at the fact that it only has a stereo/cassette player. I'm tapped financially (who isn't) and am wondering what the most economical way is to either hook up my iPhone (using the iTunes feature) or alternatively, about how much it costs to get a basic CD/iTunes/stereo hookup. It just doesn't look like there's even enough room for a CD in that small space.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place. I didn't see an area for the 2002 Prius...

~Laura

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Just get a cassette adapter and hook that into the headphone jack of your iPhone. That's by far the cheapest. A CD player won't help you w/your iPhone.

Don't bother w/FM transmitters as their sound quality is inferior to tape adapters anyway and since you're in LA, there'd likely be few open frequencies anyway yielding a bunch of interference.

If you haven't bought yet, I'd suggest you go for a CARB spec 04. There were tons of improvements and starting w/the 04, ones sold in CARB states have a 10 year/150K mile warranty on the HV battery vs. 8 year/100K miles.