1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2002 Prius Vents (blower) problem

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Yakuzahi, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Yakuzahi

Yakuzahi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three

The vents in my 2002 Prius are starting to become problematic. When I turn on the heat, the air is not coming out. When I hit the glove compartment, the air starts to come out, but it is very low and stops after a minute or two.

I just want to know if the blower motor is dying, and if someone can tell me how to replace it, if it is really the blower.

Thanks.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

This may get you some more information, or it may not:

• Ignition on
    • Fan control knob Off.
    • Press A/C button 3 times then turn Fan knob to Auto.
    • Watch for blinks.

If you just get a steady stream of fast blinks then there is no climate control code for us to look up. Otherwise, you will get one or more two-digit blinky codes, for example, blink blink (pause) blink (longer pause) blink blink blink (pause) blink blink would be 21 and 32. When it cycles around and repeats numbers you've already seen that means you've seen them all. Post the codes. here.

If you just get the all-ok fast blink, or for some reason you can't get any blinks at all, let us know and it'll be time for plan b.

-Chap