1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2002 Questions

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by ReverendMother, Mar 18, 2008.

1. ReverendMother

ReverendMother New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    I'm new to the forum, and have already learned that if I ask about my package it's a double entendre. But I still don't know how to figure it out for my 2002.

In addition, about the HOV Clean Air Vehicle stickers on my California car. I'm moving to Massachusetts, and the stickers are of no use there. I thought I'd sell this car and buy a new one on the East Coast. What sort of value do the stickers add to the car? It has 59,774 miles.

2. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    A 2002 Prius could have had as options a CD player, cruise control, a NAV screen, and side air bags. Yours has those, or not. Named and numbered Prius packages came in with the new model 2004.

As to the HOV stickers' value in California, that will be determined by buyer/seller negotiation. There have been media reports of up to $4k, but those sound a little optimistic to me.

Use the online vehicle evaluators at KBB, NADA, Edmunds and another whose name I can't remember, for the starting price. Advertise in a nearby Craigs list, newspapers (if you like) and on the internet groups.