1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2002 Rav4 EV for sale !

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by C.RICKEY HIROSE, Sep 11, 2007.

1. C.RICKEY HIROSE

This is an advert for private sale, intended only for those interested party
    for a Rav4 EV available for sale. Please disregard this advert if not interested.

I have a "rare" one here for the Hybrid forum.
    A 2002 Rav4 Electric Vehicle for sale.. See the info when this vehicle was new back in 2002. My customer does not want it anymore therefore has called me to help sale this vehicle. In those days, every RavEV buyer had to place an order and wait a couple of month in order to get it. EV charger is also available. Toyota had to do only 100 + units then in order to get the federal "Corporate Tax Credit"

Model Number: 4482A Serial # : 20002616

Model Description: RAV4 EV 4 DOOR Category ..........: H
    Year ............: 2002 Selling Dealer ....:
    Interior Color ..: FD11 Ship Date .........: 07/01/2002
    Exterior Color ..: 01C0 Retail Date .......: 10/31/2002
    Body ............: EV 4 DOOR Date of First Use .: 10/31/2002
    Number of Cyl ...: 4 Fleet .............: NON-FLEET
    Engine Number ...: 00001656

VIN .............: JT3GS10V120002616
    Ignition Key.....: N/A

Accessories .....: FE EV

Retail
    Vehicle Base Model ....................: $ 42000.00
    Total Accessories .....................: $ 100.00 $ 100.00
    Retail
    Vehicle Base Model ..........................: $ 42000.00
    50 STATE EMISSIONS .........................
    DELUXE ETR/CD .............................. 100.00
    --------- ---------
    Total Accessories ...........................: $ 100.00
    ---------
    Total .......................................: $ 42100.00

Any interested party please call me.

Email: [email protected]

C.Rickey Hirose, The Hybrid vehicle's Ambassador.
    ( 925 ) 551-0533 B. or (925) 699-6450 Cell.

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    How many miles?

Are you selling it for the same retail price it originally sold for? Of not, what is the asking price? And for the charger?

3. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Sep 11 2007, 04:39 PM) [snapback]510893[/snapback]</div>
    Just called him he will not know some of the speficies until 9/12 (tomorrow) email him and he will advise when he knows confition, mileage & price.

Wildkow

4. C.RICKEY HIROSE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Sep 11 2007, 06:39 PM) [snapback]510893[/snapback]</div>
    Godiva,

There is no going rate market value for this vehicle that I know of. I appreciate if priuschat forum members
    can enlight me as to what should be the asking price ? Includes the charger. The charger was $5 k
    for part and labor installed back then.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Sep 11 2007, 06:53 PM) [snapback]510898[/snapback]</div>
    Wildkow, Spoke to the owner but she does not know nor I could suggest her as to how much to ask.
    Will someone in priuschat forum can give me an advise as to what the market value of this vehicle might be?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(C.RICKEY HIROSE @ Sep 11 2007, 07:39 PM) [snapback]510915[/snapback]</div>
    Ok, mileage known: 92500 on the odo. She says 100 miles _safe_ mileage per overnight charge. I went to my Old archive when I was the sole EV and Hybrid Manager back then and Toyota says 120k safe mileage per charge! You have to drive at 60~65 mph although. The EV motor is so smooth and powerful, you can in an instance can get up to 85 mph ! Smooth but Eerie feeling when accelerating, I remember.

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    nate (naterprius) was the most recent purchaser of a RAV3EV, but he was coy about the cost ("too much"). He did get a $25k tax credit in Colorado though.

6. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    nate (naterprius) was the most recent purchaser of a RAV3EV, but he was coy about the cost ("too much"). He did get a $25k tax credit in Colorado though.

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If anyone's interested, the exterior colour (looking at the code) is a silver colour with dark grey interior.

8. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If anyone's interested, the exterior colour (looking at the code) is a silver colour with dark grey interior.

9. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Sep 11 2007, 09:20 PM) [snapback]510980[/snapback]</div>
    I'd love to have a gray interior.

And I'd love to drive an EV.

But I just can't bring myself to drive an SUV. Not even a little EV one.

And I can't afford it. Not even selling my Prius to pay for it.

10. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Sep 11 2007, 09:20 PM) [snapback]510980[/snapback]</div>
    I'd love to have a gray interior.

And I'd love to drive an EV.

But I just can't bring myself to drive an SUV. Not even a little EV one.

And I can't afford it. Not even selling my Prius to pay for it.

11. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Sep 11 2007, 07:58 PM) [snapback]511024[/snapback]</div>
    I think all RAV4s had a grey interior... unless there was a beige option but that probably wasn't available on the EV.

12. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Sep 11 2007, 07:58 PM) [snapback]511024[/snapback]</div>
    I think all RAV4s had a grey interior... unless there was a beige option but that probably wasn't available on the EV.

13. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I paid $40,000 with a charger, in very good condition, non-smoking, no pets, 58,000 miles.

I was coy about the price because the sale had not yet gone through and I didn't want anybody usurping me. ;-)

The seller had some trouble finding a buyer. Basically I got to know my seller before buying; I wanted to know the charging/ discharging history (hard hits vs soft hits on the pack).

If you want to fetch top dollar for this car, post a scan tool readout of all the impedences on the pack. Also, nominal voltage differential would be good too.

Chargers sell used for about $2400 WITH ALL THREE BRACKET PIECES. New ones (with a bracket) are $3200 and come with a three year warranty. Brackets are over $300, so if they didn't turn in the bracket, tell them to get all three pieces of black steel.

The car is basically impossible to sell without the charger, unless you mean you have two of them and want to sell one seperately.

How are the tires? Brakes? Heated Windshield? (Chipped/ Cracked?)

A/C and Heat Pump? Has the coolant been changed at 72,500? Any accessories, like roof rack, hitch, armrest, keyless, RAV4Info?

How's the charge port fan? Does charging ever interupt because the port is too hot? Has it had a new Aux battery yet?

What's the charge history? 92,500 in 4.5 years is not too bad, about 77 miles per workday. Did they charge both ends of the commute? Did they regularly run down to flashing "low fuel" light or the turtle?

Pics would be nice, too.

My assessment? The value is in the batteries and their future projected life. 92,500 is a higher number than most RAV4 EV's on the road have. With that kind of mileage, I honestly think it should sell for about $28,000-33,000 with the charger.

Maybe Ebay is your best bet?

Nate

14. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I paid $40,000 with a charger, in very good condition, non-smoking, no pets, 58,000 miles.

I was coy about the price because the sale had not yet gone through and I didn't want anybody usurping me. ;-)

The seller had some trouble finding a buyer. Basically I got to know my seller before buying; I wanted to know the charging/ discharging history (hard hits vs soft hits on the pack).

If you want to fetch top dollar for this car, post a scan tool readout of all the impedences on the pack. Also, nominal voltage differential would be good too.

Chargers sell used for about $2400 WITH ALL THREE BRACKET PIECES. New ones (with a bracket) are $3200 and come with a three year warranty. Brackets are over $300, so if they didn't turn in the bracket, tell them to get all three pieces of black steel.

The car is basically impossible to sell without the charger, unless you mean you have two of them and want to sell one seperately.

How are the tires? Brakes? Heated Windshield? (Chipped/ Cracked?)

A/C and Heat Pump? Has the coolant been changed at 72,500? Any accessories, like roof rack, hitch, armrest, keyless, RAV4Info?

How's the charge port fan? Does charging ever interupt because the port is too hot? Has it had a new Aux battery yet?

What's the charge history? 92,500 in 4.5 years is not too bad, about 77 miles per workday. Did they charge both ends of the commute? Did they regularly run down to flashing "low fuel" light or the turtle?

Pics would be nice, too.

My assessment? The value is in the batteries and their future projected life. 92,500 is a higher number than most RAV4 EV's on the road have. With that kind of mileage, I honestly think it should sell for about $28,000-33,000 with the charger.

Maybe Ebay is your best bet?

Nate

15. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(C.RICKEY HIROSE @ Sep 11 2007, 05:45 PM) [snapback]510915[/snapback]</div>
    The market price has basically been set by eBay on these. Nate has already covered it, and as time marhces on, nobody really knows what the poop is. There is certainly no more warranty left on any part of the car at this point. It is worth whatever somebody is willing to pay for it. They've sold from $67k to $30k in the past four years. They are almost ALWAYS sold with the charger BTW. The charger came with ever one of the retail vehilces included in the price.

If the original customer paid extra for the charger, then the dealership ripped off the customer, I'm afraid.

I assume you mean 120 miles. You can do 120 miles... but you aren't gonna do it at 65mph. More like 50mph.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Sep 11 2007, 09:37 PM) [snapback]511086[/snapback]</div>
    All of them were grey interior. Two options for the paint: white and silver. I have the paint codes in my Rav4EV FAQ if anybody needs them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naterprius @ Sep 11 2007, 11:05 PM) [snapback]511113[/snapback]</div>
    Warning here! These chargers are getting VERY hard to find, and new ones have recently doubled in price. If you buy this car, you'll definitely want the charger included!

LED lighting... :)

If it hasn't, it won't be running... or it'll be the first one to reach that mileage with the factory AUX battery EVER.

16. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(C.RICKEY HIROSE @ Sep 11 2007, 05:45 PM) [snapback]510915[/snapback]</div>
    The market price has basically been set by eBay on these. Nate has already covered it, and as time marhces on, nobody really knows what the poop is. There is certainly no more warranty left on any part of the car at this point. It is worth whatever somebody is willing to pay for it. They've sold from $67k to $30k in the past four years. They are almost ALWAYS sold with the charger BTW. The charger came with ever one of the retail vehilces included in the price.

If the original customer paid extra for the charger, then the dealership ripped off the customer, I'm afraid.

I assume you mean 120 miles. You can do 120 miles... but you aren't gonna do it at 65mph. More like 50mph.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Sep 11 2007, 09:37 PM) [snapback]511086[/snapback]</div>
    All of them were grey interior. Two options for the paint: white and silver. I have the paint codes in my Rav4EV FAQ if anybody needs them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naterprius @ Sep 11 2007, 11:05 PM) [snapback]511113[/snapback]</div>
    Warning here! These chargers are getting VERY hard to find, and new ones have recently doubled in price. If you buy this car, you'll definitely want the charger included!

LED lighting... :)

If it hasn't, it won't be running... or it'll be the first one to reach that mileage with the factory AUX battery EVER.

17. n8kwx

n8kwx Member

Arlington Heights, IL - NW Chicago Suburb
    Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Nate,

And you could get a $25k credit (not deduction!) for a used vehicle? WoW!

With that I'm surprised all the Rav4 EV haven't made their way to Colorado!!

How loud is the vehicle?

Marc

18. n8kwx

n8kwx Member

Arlington Heights, IL - NW Chicago Suburb
    Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Nate,

And you could get a $25k credit (not deduction!) for a used vehicle? WoW!

With that I'm surprised all the Rav4 EV haven't made their way to Colorado!!

How loud is the vehicle?

Marc

19. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(n8kwx @ Sep 11 2007, 11:54 PM) [snapback]511118[/snapback]</div>
    The Prius is louder, how's that? lol

if you mean cabin, I think the RAV4 is louder (given that it's based on the first gen RAV4 and my friend had a 1998 4-dr and there wasn't much sound insulation... I'd say like a modern day Yaris or Corolla).

20. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(n8kwx @ Sep 11 2007, 11:54 PM) [snapback]511118[/snapback]</div>
    The Prius is louder, how's that? lol

if you mean cabin, I think the RAV4 is louder (given that it's based on the first gen RAV4 and my friend had a 1998 4-dr and there wasn't much sound insulation... I'd say like a modern day Yaris or Corolla).