1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2003 Classic Prius Audio Question

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by badboy99, Sep 15, 2008.

1. badboy99

badboy99 Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I really need some help here. I Have a 2003 (Classic) Prius and want to add RCA Aux audio inputs for adding mp3 devices. I have read everything I could find regarding this, but the available adapters I find either don't work, work spotty or have problems by members, etc. The ones that seem to work like the adapters at Coastaltech seem to be sold out.

I have a AM/FM cassette with a single CD player. I am not interested in going with a tape adapter or a FM modulator.

Can anyone steer me the correct way to find an adapter I can use for this purpose? Thanks ahead of time

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The DICE iPod interface available in the PriusChat Shop turns out to work in a Generation 1 if you're willing to either buy one extra Y cable that doesn't come with it, or do a little easy wire splicing, and cut one wire (in the DICE harness, nothing in the car). The cut seems to make the spotty problems reported by others go away.

It has a plain vanilla Aux input as well as the dedicated iPod interface (and it gives you on-screen controls for adjusting the volume and tone of the Aux input, independently of the main audio controls).

At least, it works for me so far. I think we should hear shortly whether cozzb is successful too....

-Chap

3. badboy99

badboy99 Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll do some investigation and maybe I'll give it a try. I'll post here if I do. Thanks ChapmanF.