1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2004 Prius Aux/Bluetooth addition.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Paulk501, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Paulk501

Paulk501 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have purchased this device from eBay.
    item # 360696425763

I have installed it as instructed, connect to AUX port on the back of the radio. However the radio does not notice it as a CD changer or anything at all! I wanted to consult the Prius community because I'm sure some of you have bought one or similar and had a similar issue. The eBay seller is willing to take it back but i just wanted a 2nd opinion before I send it back.

It will power up, I can connect my phone via Bluetooth. The dip switches are set to all OFF as shown. However the radio does not see the device. attached are some photos of my radio, CD-CHANGER port I plugged into. and the front of the radio if that helps identify anything.

If you have any ideas to try please let me know. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    do yourself a favor and scrap the factory junk radio. an aftermarket head unit will do all kinds of stuff that didn't even exist when the oe junker was made. that oe unit isn't gonna be able to do anything extra. and the oe unit doesn't even sound good.

3. Salvage09

Salvage09 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm guessing the seller had no idea? Did you try having a sound source connected and running when you tried to find it from the radio? Without a signal, there might be a logical drop out somewhere. Wiggle the wires! Try other input devices. If it has a 3.5mm plug, try MP3s thru that instead of the iPod interface- and I've seen other posters say their Gen (x) worked, but the Gen (y -- usually, later) didn't work. Please post a follow up on what you did and progress? Good luck!