1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2004 Prius Driver's Door Lock/Unlock Problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by tlc1896, Mar 9, 2010.

1. tlc1896

tlc1896 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Key fob locks and unlocks the other doors and the hatch ok; so does the electronic interior door lock switch. Neither the fob nor the interior switch will activate the driver's door lock. The mechanical key will not move left or right after insertion.Only the interior manual door lock unit will lock the driver's door; and its the same for unlocking it by reaching in the back door. For test purposes I have deactivated tthe SES system.

2. tvgaffer

tvgaffer Junior Member

Yeah my 2004 did the same thing it would try to lock and unlock (click click click etc..) I had to replace the drivers door lock motor assy.. about $350 but what are you going to do? You got to get in... I guess you can go to a junk yard and get one, it has nothing to do with the key and the sending unit so you would not have to re-key or re-program. This is all from what the dealer told me... anyway good luck..

3. Emmanuel Buclatin

Emmanuel Buclatin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok. I've replaced 3 out 4 door locks. I recently had another one go bad. I thought it was the 4th, but it ended up the one I replaced the 1st time. I think it's something that will happen to a lot of people. I'm trying to get a bunch of people to complain so we would not have to pay $500 dollars for each door! Please anybody, let us know if you have the same problem.

4. CAmusicprius

CAmusicprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So, I'm having problems with all of my door lock actuators. 2007 blue prisu. (excuse the misspelling) I have three doors that are out and the other one is on it's way. Has anyone had this problem and has toyota helped in any way to repair the problems? I can see one going out, maybe two, but all four. Something has to be up. Any advice is welcomed.

5. PhazonPhobe

PhazonPhobe His name is Sora

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure they have invented the [BACKSPACE] key. If you recognized the mistake, why not just delete a few letters rather than typing out a lot more extras?

On topic:

Why is it costing $350+? You can't find them cheaper online and just install them yourself? I mean, it can't be THAT difficult....can it?

6. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Interesting. I've not seen much in the way of door lock motor problems. Certainly none on either of our cars.

7. gvtesse

gvtesse New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    we have had the same problem with ours. All but the drivers side locks are no longer functioning.

What is a good cheap source for the solenoid? Does anyone happen to have a part number?

8. waldhorndude

waldhorndude New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Rear passenger door not locking/unlocking on its own. Have to manually do it. Child lock off.

Any answers?