1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2004 Prius more expensive then 2005

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by fbonniwell, Jun 8, 2004.

1. fbonniwell

fbonniwell New Member

I went to a dealership over the weekend and was told that the 2004 Prius is more expensive then the 2005. She said it relates to the waiting list. Does anyone now why?

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sounds like perhaps they are taking into account the dealer markup that so many dealers across the country are adding to the MSRP.

3. Mybrid

Mybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    OH PLEASE :!: The base price of a car is not going to be less than current year :!: To do so Toyota would have to take things off the car to make it cheaper and I don't see that happening. And one more thing is that NO ONE knows what the 2005 is yet :!: :!: If there are any changes at all they would be in line with color changes ( interior and/or exterior.) and/or Option combination changes and that is possible to make the overall cost lower but again I don't see that happening as they are just way too far behind in demand to be making any changes. So again unless ya see it in a PRESS release from Toyota (or from a very reliblable source such as Ms Di.) don't belive what the sales people are BS'n ya with as they are full of it :!: And with that I'll get off my box.

4. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

If you had a hot-selling product, with a long waiting list for it, would you reduce its price or would you maintain or slightly increase it?

5. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    don't need an MBA to answer THAT one!

if you're worried that Toyota will raise the price, buy some stock now. by the time your car arrives, the higher price for the car might be reflected in a higher price of your stock, so the pain will be reduced.

sorry, but that's how a relatively free market is designed to work!
    any time you think a company is scalping the market, buy their stock!