1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2004 Prs Canada DRL - Halogen to LED Projector Headlight Retrofit - Morimoto MLED 2.0 - Troubleshoot

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by HeadOfJarg, Apr 21, 2021.

1. HeadOfJarg

HeadOfJarg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am trying to install Morimoto M LED 2.0 projectors (morimotohid.com/morimoto-m-led-2-projectors) in my 2004 Prius--originally with H4 halogen bulbs and Canadian mandated DRL.

I'm using the Morimoto H4 bixenon relay harness (morimotohid.com/morimoto-h4-motocontrol-wire-harness) to wire the headlights, according to the instructions here: morimotohid.com/core/media/media.nl?id=1718916&c=5129608&h=8871d5b244d6f6a54050

The relay harness plugs in to one of the factory headlight harnesses, but the other side is left unplugged. Each projector headlight is plugged into the harness, which powers the bulbs directly from the 12V battery post by acting as a switch from the factory harness.

I connected everything according the instructions, but the projector headlights do not turn on. However, if I plug an H4 bulb into the empty factory harness (opposite from the relay) that new bulb will light normally.

I think the issue has to do with the wiring of my car or the DRL. Please help me fix this!

2. Prius2k9

Prius2k9 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Did you ever get this figured out?

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model: