1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Driftwood Pearl BC (#6) 10/18/2004 Stockton, CA

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by priusenvy, Nov 14, 2004.

1. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Date Ordered: 10/18/2004
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Toyota Town of Stockton, CA
    Timeframe given for delivery: 5-7 weeks
    Color: Driftwood Pearl
    Option Package: #6 (BC)
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: Unknown

I picked up my Driftwood Pearl #6 after less than four weeks on the waiting list. This is our second Gen 2 Prius, we got a white one with BC in May for my wife. According to Azif, I contacted Toyota Town of Stockton on 10/18/2004. I know it was on a Monday, but I thought I might have initially contacted them through the form on their web site on 10/11/2004, but didn't confirm my order with Azif until the 18th. I'll check my old email when I get home to determine whether it was the 11th or 18th. Regardless of whether I waited four weeks or five weeks, this is the shortest wait I've ever heard of to pay MSRP.

I don't know why some of you in CA want to spend four to six months or more on a waiting list, when Toyota Town of Stockton can get you a car in about a month. They are charging MSRP, which was $26,666 including mats and $540 destination charge. Two other buyers were picking up their Priuses on Saturday at Toyota Town - one was black, the other Tideland Pearl. These guys will get my business if I ever buy another Toyota - even though they are (for whatever reason) able to fill Prius orders faster than anyone in the country, they aren't taking advantage of it and charging over MSRP. The finance guy said something about an "Internet Prius Club" discount (this forum's group buy?) and were offering the 7/100 extended warranty for $995.

Azif is a good guy - he is knowledgeable about the car and spent some time showing me things I never bothered to learn about the car, like where to jump it, what the spare tire strap is to be used for, went over the manuals, etc. I'm sure that if I was a new owner and unfamiliar with operating the car, he would have spent the time to show me.

2. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I checked my email - I filled out the web form on October 18th, and they used that date to determine my position on the waiting list. So start to finish was less than four weeks.