1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 fob

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by sbrush, Apr 29, 2010.

1. sbrush

sbrush New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello - thank you for all of the helpful posts about how to replace a fob. I have been crabby for days thinking that I was going to have to shell out $250 to replace my lost fob - the amount that the local dealer quoted me. Would someone educate me about the fobs that are for sale on ebay? Are they safe to use (i.e.,will using them screw up my car's electrical system)? Where do the sellers get them (are they stolen??)? Thank you VERY much. I don't have $250 laying around...

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i believe you would need to get the Fob programmed to your car and that would cost nearly as much as replacing it. to make a copy of what you have is one thing. to program another Fob to work i am pretty sure requires you to replace the ECU as well.

i lost my Fob on 2006 and got a copy made. the actual Fob was like $70. the programming was like $110 total $180 and i had the other one, so they just had to copy it.

1 person likes this.