1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Highlander supply

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by siai, Apr 22, 2004.

1. siai

siai Junior Member

Just talked to the dealer that I have bought all of my Prius' from and found out that they have been taking orders for the hybrid highlander for about two weeks now. Like the '04 Prius, it looks like the highlander will be in short supply. My dealer is a large dealer in Michigan and expects that he will be only receiving 5 units for the entire model year. There are only 1200 allocated for the 4 state region that he is located in. I placed the order today and I am number "3" on his list. Here we go again! I was lucky when I ordered my '04 as I was first on the list and my car was delivered in October. Don't have any idea as to price or if the packages that I ordered will be available, but it's ordered anyway. So----if you are thinking at all about the highlander hybrid, it's time to visit your friendly dealer. :mrgreen:

2. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

did they give any indication of the pricing?

3. siai

siai Junior Member

No indication on the price yet---I don't even know what options are going to be on the vehicle. As soon as I find out, I will post it, however I am sure someone on this board will know the pricing before me. I told the dealer what options and packages I wanted but told them I would take anything that comes in as long as it had 4-wheel drive and navigation. By the way, the dealer told me (and I don't know how true it is) that the limited supply of Highlander hybrids is due to battery production that can't be ramped up in time. I guess the battery plant is doing all it can just to meet Prius demand. Maybe someone else has better information.

4. mastersgtbob

mastersgtbob New Member

Hello,
    I just came from a site auto123.com and a guy by the name of Joseph Cabadas wrote an article about the 2006 not 2005 Toyota Highlander.
    I believe he's from Canada. According to him the 2006 Highlander will cost between 37,000 to 53,000 Canadian dollars. I used a currency converter and at the current exchange rate, 37,000 Ca is roughly $26,000 US dollars, and 53,000 Ca dollars is about $38,000 US dollars.
    I hope that helps some.
    :roll:

5. delrey

delrey Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I think the '2006' was a simple typo?
    I sent a friend to find out about our local Highlander waitlist situation, as he is planning on replacing his '97 Nissan Pathfinder once a decent hybrid is out. Marin (county, CA) Toyota says that the Highlander Hybrid will be available "early 2005". They aren't taking names yet. No word on price from them ...

6. eak354

eak354 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    i suppose since it's to be released in 2005, they're calling it the "2006" highlander. (like when the 2004 prius came out in 2003). but who cares! it's a hybrid highlander! i was also informed that the Lexus RX400h will be released 'early 2005'. now if only i can afford whichever! gotta pay off my seaside quick! :mrgreen: