1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid Road Test

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Tideland Prius, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The other day gas peaked at $0.997 ($1.104 on West Coast) for a litre of plain ol' regular unleaded. As with any other car with a needle drooping into the red, I pulled into the local refueling station and proceeded to pump away. I was the only person amongst a half a dozen smiling. I can envision it now, played out by the attendants inside. "Is he crazy? Who smiles when gas is nearly a dollar a litre? Profit margins and taxes must not be high enough." I smugly grabbed my receipt from the counter and walk away. Normally, this scenario would have played out with a personal-sized thundercloud over my head and me begrudgingly handing over my hard earned cash for another fix of go-juice, but I'm in luck. This week, I'm behind the wheel of Honda's Civic Hybrid, the cleanest and most efficient member of Civic Nation.

Full Article

2. jstack

jstack New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I have an 03 CIVIC Hybrid that has been perfect for over 40K mile. I get 55 mpg by driving smart with the CVT tranny. The 04 and 05 haven't changed much but the 2006 hybrid is supposed to get 5% better mpg, have electric AC compressor and go into all electric on steady crusing at moderate speed.
    I'm sure it will be great. I can't wait to test one in Mid November.
    Jim