1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Lockpick Ulti: Cold weather Warm UP? HELP

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mr.thi03, Jan 12, 2007.

1. mr.thi03

mr.thi03 New Member

Hello,

I just purchased and installed the LockPick 1 Ultimate for my 2005 Prius PK #6:
    It worked great and I'm basically very happy...but when it sits outside over night or it gets under 50F for more then 6 hours..the system doesn't work...I states "check connection"....so, basically the car runs and there is manual things that work. IE: steering wheel controls for temp., volume, radio, CD..but must be turned on from the deck itself..all others doesn't work...after about 10-15mins of either sitting idle or running...the system works perfectly again...I've emailed, called and called Coastal Tech w/ no answer nor help...I don't know what to make of this, since I'm not that electrically inclined I had it professionally installed and don't want to remove it unless I know what to do...
    Any help would be greatly appreciated....
    I've read some people w/ problems, but it was due to wires being press or crimped..I don't think this would be the case, because the problem is completely predictable and consistent...

Thanks in advance.....mr.thi03