1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Owners Manual

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by edthedriver, Jan 8, 2005.

1. edthedriver

edthedriver Junior Member

I saw in the owners manual index a reference to "Steering Wheel Lock" on page 130. When I look on page 130 it explain push button start and key slot. Is there a steering wheel lock?

2. prius04

prius04 New Member

All cars since the 1980's have been required to have some kind of theft deterent system. Most automakers picked a steering wheel lock that engages when you removed the key.

These are passive systems that engage when you remove that key. You can't turn it on or off any other way.

Just now, I tried to get my Prius steering wheel to lock by getting in the car without the SKS FOB. No luck. I suspect the Prius doesn't lock the steering wheel as it's theft detection system.

I went to page 130 which sent me to page 20 which then sent me to page 44. I could not find any mention of a steering wheel lock. Personally, I think a steering wheel lock is a very primitive theft deterent, and as Prius owners have found out, the Prius is not a primitive car.

Of course, my Prius is a 2004. But everything I have heard and read says that the 2005 is the same car as the 2004.

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    the engine immobilizer is much more effective and will prevent your steering column from being damaged by thieves