1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 package options?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mywhitenoise, Mar 14, 2007.

1. mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Tomorrow, if I get a good interest rate, i'll be buying a used 2005 Magnetic Grey Prius for $17,500. It's fully loaded as far as I can tell. It has the Navigation system, JBL 6 CD changer, front and rear side airbags, bluetooth, I think I saw fog lights...pretty much everything except leather.
    My question is, did the 2005 models have back up cameras? Because when I hit reverse it didn't show anything. Also when they say (DVD Navigation system) does that mean I can watch DVDs in it? And do HID headlights come standard with the package 6 option, or was it an option? And most importantly did it come with the auxilary jack (I tried looking in the center armrest)? Thanks for any help.

2. razzledazzlebee

razzledazzlebee New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mywhitenoise @ Mar 14 2007, 01:44 AM) [snapback]405233[/snapback]</div>
    I'm no expert, but I think I know the answers to a couple of your questions. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I have gathered....

No, 2006 was the first year back up cameras were an option
    I don't think the auxilary input was available in that year, either
    No clue about DVd or HID. Hope this helps! :eek:

3. Springtime

Springtime Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mywhitenoise @ Mar 14 2007, 01:44 AM) [snapback]405233[/snapback]</div>
    I have a 2005 package #6. There was no magnetic grey for 2005 as I recall. There was a grey with a green tint to it - but, I think they called it something other than magnetic grey.

I don't believe they offered leather in the 2005 models - I think it was only available as an after market add on.

There was no backup camera on the 2005, however, my dealer was willing to install a backup camera for about $695 if I was willing to buy a 2005 on the lot rather than wait for the 2006.

HID headlights are standard on the pkg #6.

The DVD navigation system does not mean you can play DVD's.

Auxilary jack? Not sure, if there is one I have never used it.

Springtime

4. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Springtime @ Mar 14 2007, 06:51 AM) [snapback]405302[/snapback]</div>
    Tideland should answer this. I think you mean Tideland Pearl. I never could decide if there was actually green in it or not. The photos looked green, but the only time I saw one up close it was around dusk. That was just before I bought mine.

Dave M.

5. mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dmckinstry @ Mar 14 2007, 09:02 AM) [snapback]405312[/snapback]</div>

You're right. I was wondering why some Pri have a green tint to them. I think Magnetic Grey looks better, but you really can't tell the difference all that much.
    The reason why this car is so cheap is because it has 63,000 miles on it. Would I still be able to qualify for the extended warranty on this site?

6. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mywhitenoise @ Mar 14 2007, 08:14 AM) [snapback]405395[/snapback]</div>
    The 2005 model year did not have an auxiliary jack.

The extended warranty can only be purchased when the car has less than 36,000 miles on the clock.

7. mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Mar 14 2007, 01:50 PM) [snapback]405545[/snapback]</div>

Alright, well that answers everything. Thanks to everyone who helped me out! Hopefully i'll be a fellow Prius owner in a few hours.

8. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    1. I don't think you've got the right name for the color. Magnetic Grey was first offered as a 2006 color. It is a very dark grey, close to black.

2. You CAN NOT play a DVD movie. The DVD player is under the driver seat. Some intrepid owners were/are hacking the system to enable this but I don't know how successfully.

9. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    And, no, Magnetic Grey only came out in about June of '06--I got my black in May of '06. I know I'm late, but who told you Mag Grey for an '05? If it was a dealer, I'd worry even more about what else they had wrong.

10. mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Mar 21 2007, 10:31 AM) [snapback]409525[/snapback]</div>
    I called it Magnetic Grey because that's what it looked like in the picture (they look a lot alike, thought Magnetic Grey is more beautiful). To be honest though, I knew more about the Prius than those guys did...The dealership was Infiniti, so I didn't expect them to know much about a Toyota, much less a hybrid model. Besides, it's just a color, that doesn't show the integrity of the dealer or their knowledge of cars. Look at any dealer website and they never name the cars color by their formal names, it's always 'black', 'green', 'white'...You'll never read 'Super White' at a Honda dealership, or 'Driftwood Pearl' at a Ford dealership.