1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Premium JBL Sound System: How to best connect iPhone?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by seabright_sc, Aug 25, 2014.

1. seabright_sc

seabright_sc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    2005 Prius with Premium JBL sound system with CD Changer, tape Deck, etc. package 6 with Navigation.

Since it's a 2005 no USB input for my iPhone 4s to play music. I often stream pandora or music that's stored on my phone.

So far I have been connecting my iPhone with cassette adapter to headphone jack. The audio pretty much sucks through this method:(. and FM transmitters are even worse!

What is the best way to connect iPhone 4s to my Prius stereo?
    What exactly is DICE and how good is the Audio Quality?
    I do not use CD change at all! Is changer connected to an Aux. input that I can switch out for a USB input?
    Can I just swap out my unit for a later model with USB input?

Looking for the best audio quality option and hopefully spending under $200.

Thank you!

2. Mgrad92

Mgrad92 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I went with the VAIS Tech SL3B to get Bluetooth audio into the factory radio in my 2005 without having to mess every day with exposed wires, plugs and pieces, etc. It's a little pricey ($230 — over your limit, I know), and you'll never mistake it for a slick factory Bluetooth setup, but I've been happy with it. My ears might be tin, but it sounds CD-quality to me. Check them out at vaistech.com

#2 Mgrad92, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2014