1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 prius brake problem error lights on no codes

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by First L, Aug 30, 2020.

1. First L

First L New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My 2005 prius has dash warning lights on lights on, brake (!) abs VSC and no codes. The brakes work but are manual in response. Ive been driving it for many months this way but time for registration and need the lights gone. I have read WAY to many posts to believe NO ONE has a resolve to this problem. The "actuator" is ok as are all other posts resolves Ive read and by the way please ...please dont respond if you havent read all the posts about this yourself. Im shocked..... a web site dedicated to fixing problems for prius is so filled with CRAP!!! like some kind of social networking. I have spent more time reading people chatting than actual fixes.
    PLEASE dont respond unless you know what you are talking about. IM sick of the bullshit. I know there are a lot of lonely people who have no life but to try and find it here. This aint the place people. plain facts please...no questions required,....none

.. If you have seen this and have an idea just say it.

Now that would be a wonderful thing.

problem solved

THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING!

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You can get the answers you need from the dealer. All the rest of the stuff here require questions and crystal ball.

SFO and Raytheeagle like this.
  3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If there are dash warning lights on as you say, there ARE DTCs (codes). Your problem is you have is a basic code reader that cannot read the ECUs that have set the codes, namely the EBS (electronic braking system) and VSC/TRAC (vehicle stability control and traction control system) ECUs. If you have read as extensively as you say, you should have read this numerous times. If you would read the codes with a capable reader, it might become clearer what the problem(s) is/are. If you get the codes and are still none the wiser post the codes back here.

I agree there is a lot of off-topic chat, but what can you do?

4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This comment from the OP is where I'm puzzled. This world would be nice to have free dedicated service to fix your everyday problems. The forum is called "PriusChat". I don't remember it was ever named "FreePriusRepairInfo".

Raytheeagle and royrose like this.