1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Prius - Dr. Prius results

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by SebulbaWins, Feb 17, 2023.

1. SebulbaWins

SebulbaWins New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello!
    I am the proud owner of a 2005 Prius. It has only had one owner before me who took excellent care of it. It has the original traction battery pack. It just hit 200k miles last week and BOOM, P0A80 red triangle of DOOOOOM.

I bought an OBD Bluetooth adapter, hooked it up and here are the results after a short drive.

It tells me module #8 is suspected bad. Could I maybe just swap this one out and bing bang bong, I'm good for a bit?

Thank you for the insight. I just don't know how to interpret Dr. Prius results.

Here is a link to the battery monitor log CSV file.

Adam

Attached Files:

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Bing bang bong You could be good for a very little bit yes just think about it 200k on a 2005 model battery what's that 16 17 years It is time You can play games because you have the time. But if you really need the car why the games you're taking time out of your car to play the whack-a-mole with the battery cells or you just buying a rack of new cells and dropping them in your case for another 200k either way it's how you want to play the game Bing bang bong.

3. SebulbaWins

SebulbaWins New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks!
    This afternoon, I was able to swap out the modules out in block 8. I didn't do any rebalancing or anything like that (yes, stupid, I know), but it handled a four hour drive today just fine. I DID, however, accidentally crush one of those little temperature thermistors, so I'll have to get back in there and replace that to make the codes go away. But at least the P0A80 code is gone now. Strong car! :D

bisco likes this.
  4. SebulbaWins

SebulbaWins New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Update, just took a six hour drive and going strong!! Swapping out that cell was so easy. And $35 vs $2k