1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Prius Emission rating?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by madcow, Feb 26, 2005.

1. madcow

madcow New Member

Hello all, i am new to the forum. Long story short it looks like i will be purchasing a 2005 prius soon. I WAS going for the Insight but as that is impossible to find in my area to test out .. the prius is number 2 on teh list.

Anyways my question is, what is the emissions rating on the vehicle? i have read its SULEV II and i have read its PZEV(sp?) .. i have also come across that there might be 2 different version of the emissions out.

(on a side note wich is better.. the PZEV right?)

As you can guess i am gettin the car for environmental reasons.

Sorry if this answer has been posted but searching thru the forum got me nowere and there was WAY to many for me read :)

thanks for the help

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    http://www.hybridcars.com/prius_specs.html

there is a much better page, but i can not find the link. It compairs the hybrids with a bar graph. The prius has about the same emissions as the insight. I was thinking of getting that too.. but for the cost of running the car, the prius is cheaper. at my age (21) i need the best investment for my money. The polution levels are very close. The prius is much large and had the added bonus of electric a/c system.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A