1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Prius help with selling

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tonpie11, Jun 4, 2019.

1. tonpie11

tonpie11 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2nd gen 2005 Prius for parts
    Hello,
    I have a 2nd Gen 2005 Prius I would like to sell for parts. Any idea where i could do this?
    I would prefer to sell the whole car. Both batteries are new this year (2019). Body has cosmetic damage and interior is dirty. Any help would be appreciated. It's my daughter's car and she needs to get a good price for it to pay for a new car to get to college.

Thank you in advance.

Toni

2. Skibob

Skibob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You should post it in the for sale section. That’s where stuff for sale goes. You say new batteries, is the big one factory new or rebuilt/refurbished? People will want to know that.

SFO likes this.
  3. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I've parted out complete motorcycles. It's a major PITA and not something one should take lightly.

For cars, it's usually the fender-bender stuff that goes first and also wheels and tires so one is quickly left with a POS sitting on their property. Most of that stuff is expensive to ship so the seller is pretty much limited to local sales. GLWT On a hybrid, the battery will go fast but then (again) the car is not easily moved after that.

Dealing with tons of "how much to ship", "how much for this", "do you have this" and "can you take a picture of this" questions can quickly strain the nerves of even the most patient person. Finally, are you capable of removing parts? Trusting buyers to do that properly will further limit your buyers pool.

Basically I'm leading you to this: if you have to ask the question, don't do it. I would sell the battery separately and sell the car to someone else who works on them and needs a parts car.

GOOD LUCK!

4. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Toni,
    I'm in Madison, WI.
    Where are you located?

You can contact me directly at 608-729-4082
    Or email [email protected]