1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Prius Issues (Red Triangle)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jeager44, Aug 11, 2024 at 12:19 PM.

1. Jeager44

Jeager44 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I recently got the Red Triangle Light on my car (2005). Sometimes the car won't accelerate and my mileage decreased. The fan is very loud (I cleaned it). The oil is where it should be. The inverter pump is good its bubbling like how it should be. The ac is cold, and when I turn on my car and let it sit the battery charges pretty much normally. I took the car to orileys and autozone to get it scanned but it showed 0 codes. Does anyone know what's wrong with it? I would share the photos of the diagnostic papers saying there are no codes but it shows my location. I'm thinking about taking it to the dealership but right now I'm low on money and my checks are Net30.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I don't think anybody cares about your location your signature says Indiana so wonderful. Generally I would say you're AutoZone scan is not complete your red triangle means the 21 computers in your car are seeing something they don't like because AutoZone can't suck it out of the system is not a Toyota problem. If you get yourself access to something like an a u t e l a p200 it'll be the best $63 you ever spend while owning this model select the Toyota option download the app for your phone and the extra 109 MB Toyota application for this particular tool and you will be good to go You do have codes I would say right now probably your HV battery is the problem It is 20 years old or close to it they generally last 8 to 10 years Access it and take a picture of the label and you can figure out if yours is original or has been replaced or messed with usually when that fan comes on in the back by the battery it's running because the battery is not doing correctly charging discharging etc I can almost well I'm not going to do that but yeah. Looking to getting the proper scanner and you'll get the proper results. There is a big article here that is Pages long that talks about scan tools

3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    To read the codes that have been set in the HV Control ECU and others, you need a more capable scan tool

This post reviews quite a few and recommends the Autel AP200.

Brian1954 likes this.