1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Prius, no bluetooth, getting an iphone

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Ryca, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Ryca

Ryca New Member

What's my best plan? I have a basic 2005 Prius - no bluetooth, no nav system, no cd changer. I'm getting an iphone within a month (hopefully). I have a motorola bluetooth headset. I've seen lots of threads on here about the iphone, but they all relate to having the fanciness already in your car.

Am I stuck with leaving my iphone in the cupholder, plugged into to the charger, with my bluetooth headset on and trying to make one of those fm tuners work? The phone is going to be expensive enough - I won't have the cash for much else...

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to PriusChat, Ryca! Your way will work until you can save up for a Garmin or other nav system with Bluetooth. I don't know about the base radio system in the 2005, but there wasn't any AUX jack like showed up in later years. You may have to go with an FM modulator to hear your tunes from your iPhone. There may be a DICE or similar unit that can let you plug into the bottom iPhone connector and jack into the audio system.