1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Prius Observations

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by macreative, Oct 2, 2004.

1. macreative

macreative New Member

- Absolutely No Front Wheel Drive Pull Whatsoever! Awesome.
    - Voice Commands work better than I ever imagined about 8/9 times!
    - My Insurance went up over $200, No accidents ever no tickets ever, knock on wood - I have nothing but contempt and hostility for the Auto Club. They suck alot.

- More hidden storage areas than any car I have ever had
    - 53.6 Miles Per gallon on my first tank! With AC on Auto all the time, I never turn Auto AC off.
    :p My mileage seems to be alot worse in town then it is on the highway, complete opposite of what the window sticker described.
    -Right now, having only put 8 additional miles on the Prius since the last tank fill, I am only getting 32 mpg. I hope it goes up alot. I thought it was because I used cheap Vons gas but its more likely because I am only driving short distances (work is 2 miles from home)
    - If you push the voice button and say the F-word, it pulls up gas stations -- must think you ran out of gas and that's what we say when we run out of gas.

:D

2. jfschultz

jfschultz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(macreative\";p=\"42987)</div>
    Short trips are a MPG killer on the Prius. My weekends are filled with very short trips. One time when I filled up on a Saturday morning, my MPG was in the upper 30's over the weekend.

On my current tank I was holding between 51.1 and 51.4 over the past week. Today's short trips droped it to 50.8. BTW this is the first time I have been able to keep my MPG over 50 on a tank. Perhaps the 3500 mile is a point of a MPG jump. :D

3. lucyjeanne

lucyjeanne New Member

4. Kev1000000

Kev1000000 New Member

i get a lot better in the city than on the highway...

You need to learn a lot of techniques to driving in the city for you to get good mpg. Coasting to lights and timing lights is key.

I drive 80+ on the freeway though, so thats why it goes down.

My last tank my mpg was 52.4

5. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I think pure city driving will get higher mileage I think it's the short trips period that kill the mileage. If you were to drive 20 miles in the city I think you would see a big difference, compared to just going around the block.