1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Prius PA093

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Marten Benatar, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Marten Benatar

Marten Benatar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I have an OBDII reader and go the code PAO93. I installed a new inverter coolant pump. When my wife excelerates up a hill she gets that error code. I have bled the system. Checked the reservoir to make sure the pump is working. All seems to working properly. But when she is up
    In the foothills and accelerates up a steep incline the error light comes on. Any ideas?

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You sure there's motion in the reservoir? Because that error code indicates there's not? Is the coolant level high enough?

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Also, if you search for the code correctly spelled — P0A93 (the round thing is a zero, not a letter O, and note the order) — you might get a lot more search results that will tell you useful things.

4. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Don't forget, the P0A93 has 2 subcodes, One that says the pump circuit is the likely problem area and one that says the fan circuit is the likely problem area.

And, as mentioned just a post or two earlier, there's a ton of info in the forum. Sometimes it's not a pump or fan issue, but a clogging issue or air pocket issue.