1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Prius Red triangle briefly when rounding curves

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by tfran, Mar 24, 2013.

1. tfran

tfran Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi. I have a 2005 with 168,000 miles on it. I just changed (well... about 3 weeks ago) the hybrid battery in it. Of course, the reason I did this was that I was getting the christmas tree lights and the codes - all pointed to the battery and since I knew it was about time, I succumbed! Just prior to that, I ran it for 2-3 weeks with it constantly going into limp mode, so I would have to pull over, shut it all down, power it back up and I was ok for several more miles. This went on until it got so bad that I had to replace the battery. Right around the same time, I accidentally backed up and hooked the right rear bumper on the curb - backed over the curb - so that it kind of ripped the right-rear side of the bumper off - broke the plastic clip/strip behind the bumper that held it on. Because of that, while my whole interior was ripped out, and my 'new' hybrid battery was installed, whenever it rained, water would enter into the 12V battery compartment in the right rear of the car, such that it would slosh around and you could hear it while driving. But during this same time, as I said above, after I put the replacement hybrid battery in there, the car ran great, except for 3-5 times a day when I am rounding an unusually sharp curve, when the red triangle warning light comes on for maybe 1-3 seconds and then goes off. I know there are some brilliant people here. Any ideas anyone??? :)

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Check your engine oil level.

3. tfran

tfran Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I wondered the same thing. Will do and will post. THanks!

4. tfran

tfran Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I feel pretty stupid. Had the oil changed 3-4 months ago and I don't think the guy put enough in. That I think was it... thanks! (you would think the Prius would tell me that tho wouldn't you)

5. boppo

boppo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So u haven't check your oil in 3 or 4 months, might want to check your air in the tires.