1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Received

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by skruse, Oct 21, 2004.

1. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Took delivery of a Silver AM 2005 Prius today, complete with 6-CD unit (Ordered April 2004). The whole process took about 2.5 hours.

Evan Schroeder, Internet Sales Manager of Michael Toyota of Fresno worked patiently and professionally with me. Vehicle was detailed and we used the Inspection Checklist to go over the entire vehicle, inside and out. Using the checklist is a big plus - I got to know the vehicle and ask good questions.

When it came time to discuss the Platinum Warranty offer I quoted the forum price. After some hesitation, and after viewing the forum, the dealer representative matched the forum price and said he will work with his with supervisors later, and send notice to Toyota regarding the price differential. The finance representative asked that I give him high marks when the customer questionaire arrives (in part to acknowledge his willingness to negotiate and deliver good service).

Dealer delivered the Prius to my residence (with a full tank of gasoline) after all the paperwork completed at the dealer.

Tomorrow morning is my first 45 km (30 mi) commute. Because of the forum, I will be driving with confidence and greater knowledge about the vehicle. I will have to wait until the Dept of Motor Vehicles issues plates, then switch my personalized plates to the Prius (J MUIR). What would/does John Muir drive? You got it!

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Sore losers.

Fortunately, due to anti trust legislation, they cannot ruin it for the rest of us. Just give the business to Troy in the future. He is a delight to deal with.

P.S. Toyota Financial knows what he charges for the extended warranty, as the purchase price is on the contract that goes to them.

3. LoreePrius

LoreePrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    [font=Tahoma:0cb6001197] [/font:0cb6001197]

I also live in Fresno, CA. I'm looking to buy a prius, so I'm looking around at different dealers. I heard not great things about Micheal Toyota. If you had to do it again would you go with them again?

4. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I think they have had good press in this forum, at least for sales, don't know about service. Search around a bit.

5. roger

roger New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    what constitutes a 2005 Prius? mine was made in September 2004..

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Cars here are usually labelled the next MY (model year) if they're sold around Sept or Oct onwards. I believe outside NA, cars that have the 2005 label are sold on or after Jan 1. Your owner's manual should say what model year your vehicle is labelled as.

7. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Mine is a 2005, but it was manufactured in August 04. The model year designation is a part of the VIN. My insurance company immediately knew the make, model and year based upon that number, without my having to give them that information.