1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Red #6 BC April 29, 2004 Lombard, IL

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by jimofdg, Jul 13, 2004.

1. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

Date Ordered: April 29, 2004
    Dealer Ordered From: Lombard (IL) Toyota
    Timeframe given for delivery: One year, at 2005 MSRP
    Color: Salsa Red Pearl
    Option Package: #9 became #6 for 2005 (BC) but not a fan of HID headlamps
    Initial # on Dealer's Waiting List, end of April: 60 :eek:
    After One Month, end of May: 56 :(
    After two months, end of June: 41 :)
    After three months, early August: 39 :( but 7th for Salsa Red :)
    After 4.5 months, mid-September: 7 and 2004 MSRP locked in :)
    Deposit: $500 (cashed, refundable)
    On duplicate lists: Yes, as of Aug. 20 - No, as of Sept. 11 (see below)
    Took a test drive: Yes, from this dealer

Dealer will call in mid-August as soon as MSRP for 2005 model is final. Edited this post after Aug. 1, when original salesman left and the dealership said they would find me another salesman and tell me the new price.

I learned of the price here on Aug. 20. When the dealer informs me, I will request my deposit back because I cannot accept that price. See the Aug. 20 Escanaba order for a 2004 BC.

2. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

Here's how it ended. I bought my 2004BC9 in Escanaba, MI on Sept. 11, 2004, after a 22-day wait.

On Sept. 17, I spoke to the Lombard dealership about the fact that a new salesman had never called me, and I wanted the sales manager to call. That evening, as I was about to get to the beep and leave a message for the sales manager, my newly assigned salesman called.

This put things on a businesslike footing again. He was able to quickly verify that I had moved up to 7th on the list overall, that I would not be getting a 2004 Prius but a BC locked in at 2004 MSRP, and didn't I get the letter from Toyota stating that? I said I hadn't even gotten a keychain, and this was the first time anyone from that dealership had called me without me calling them first.

I asked him for a price on the Platinum Extended Care policy (the 7yr/100K/$0 deductible offered on PriusChat) and he gave me a figure near $2000. But when I explained that I wanted him to match the PriusChat price, he said he would call me back with an offer. (still waiting)

Though I cancelled my Prius order with him, I stated I was likely to bring them the Prius I did buy, as I was pleased with their service on my other Toyota and they had recently rebuilt the service area. He was happy to have the chance at some business (the warranty and service in future) and said he would promptly refund my deposit. (still waiting but not for long)

Second-guess me if you will, but I did not need to go through the hoops of buying a second Prius (this one a 2005) and selling it myself, though goodness knows the market is brisk. It was more important at this point to have my deposit back and to put it toward the PriusChat warranty.

It was fun, though, to hear my wife ask, "Are you sure you're not going to want a second Prius?" I replied to the effect that conspicuous consumption is not what Prius ownership is all about.

3. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

My deposit was refunded to me by check, two weeks after I had first requested it. Maybe when the construction project at that dealer is done, I may go back for service (not sales). The service guys seemed to know what they were doing when I brought in another Toyota (as a rehearsal to see if they could handle a Prius).