1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 rims on a 2011

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by jrod81, Dec 8, 2015.

1. jrod81

jrod81 Member

I bought a 2011 Prius today (not the c or the v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) just the good ole regular prius).
    Three of the rims are the hubcap and the fourth rim is the actual wheel... stupid looking of course.
    I've been searching craigslist to find something local... My plan was to just get one steel wheel and then buy a hubcap on ebay but it looks like I can get a set of 4 rims from a 2005 Prius for about the same price as doing that... so, is that possible? Anything that I should know like a need for spacers or different lugnuts?

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    wait, are you sure you have steel wheels behind the hubcaps? I don't think I've ever seen steelies on a prius. they do put a hubcap on the alloy wheels; imho the hubcap looks worse than the wheel and violate the kiss rule.

m.wynn likes this.
  3. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
  4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Take the 3 hubcaps off and get some center caps to cover the hub openings. The factory silver painted alloys look pretty decent IMO.

m.wynn likes this.
  5. PosauneGuy

PosauneGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    As 69shovlhed pointed out, the wheels behind the "hubcaps" should be the alloy wheels. Check in the "Private Sales" section of the forum...last month someone was selling 2011 wheel covers (all 4) for the cost of shipping.