1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Salsa and 2006 Barcelona

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kimharm, Mar 22, 2006.

1. kimharm

kimharm New Member

Can anyone tell me the difference between the 2005 Salsa Red and the 2006 Barcelona Red? Is one bright, deeper, etc. Thanks.

2. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Salsa's darker, a more burgandy color and Barcelona's a brighter, more real-red color. I'll scout around for some comparison pics.

3. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  4. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I am partial to Salsa. It is deeper, more toward to maroon than the true red.

5. AAWADKE

AAWADKE New Member

I liked the salsa red more than Barcelona red........anyway i want a red one so i will buy Barcelona red.......

6. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    [attachmentid=2677]
    It's easiest to see side-by-side. Here is a Photo of Barb's 2005 with my 2006 behind it (on the right) taken on January 2nd of this year. It was an overcast day, but the color difference shows up nicely.

- Tom

7. kimharm

kimharm New Member

Thanks so much for the replies and pictures!! Yes, the Barcelona is definitely a "real red" while the Salsa is deeper. As I have been shopping, I have had people describe the Salsa (probably having seen only that and not the Barcelona) as the red that is available on the 2006, which is definitely not the case. I think I like the Salsa better.

8. Emma

Emma New Member

I love the Barcelona Red (but then I'm biased). After having a dark green car for 12 years and a burgundy one for the 6 years previous to that, I was ready for something with a little pizzazz!

9. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    Yup... there's no accounting for taste. In the words of the prophet, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." and ...

Sal-saaaaa's
    so beautiful..
    to me...
    can't you see?
    OoooW Whooooaaaa Ohhhhhh...

10. AAWADKE

AAWADKE New Member

[attachmentid=2688]here is one more pic for barcelona red........found it on some other forum

11. renacz

renacz New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom_06 @ Mar 22 2006, 02:41 PM) [snapback]228558[/snapback]</div>
    Wow. great pics...i am a little heartsick that salsa is not offered in 2006...How do you like the Barcelona?

12. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NC Hokie Girl @ Aug 8 2006, 08:11 PM) [snapback]299896[/snapback]</div>
    I prefer the "redder" Barcelona with the gold flake effect in bright sunlight (the metallic particles seem to have a gold sheen to them in direct sun). Barb on the other hand prefers her "rasberry" Salsa with its more muted effect. We both would prefer either red over the other colors available although I have not seen a Magnetic Grey in person. My Barcelona has been more resistant to pitting from road debris than the older Salsa.

- Tom

13. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There are too many Barcelona Red Camrys in my area... oye. A bright red Camry.. whodathunkit?

14. creamer

creamer New Member

Does anyone know what "Barcelona" means in this context? I know what Salsa has to do with redness, but not Barcelona....

When I ordered my red, I read that the red had changed but I presumed that Salsa was the hotter color. I was really surprised when the car showed up at the dealer... oh my goodness, I bought a sportscar! I like it, but it was a surprise.

It's great to see the side-by-side picture; thanks, Tom!

15. MadHungarian

MadHungarian Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    A rose by any other name . . . But when comparing the two, don't you think "Salsa" connotes the barcelona color, and "Barcelona" connotes the salsa color?

16. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have a Barcelona Red Prius. I absolutely love it. You couldn't get me to trade for a Salsa....nope....nada..zip....wouldn't happen. :)

17. renacz

renacz New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom_06 @ Aug 8 2006, 07:26 PM) [snapback]299901[/snapback]</div>
    I saw a Barcelona up close and personal yesterday, and i liked it....a lot! Some described it as having some orange look to it, but i did not find that to be the case...It looked like a good solid red to me....it was parked next to a candy apple red car, so you could see the difference clearly. I look forward to getting my 2006 barcelona red in about 2 weeks...just under the wire for the tax credit. I do like the salsa, too, which seems to be more maroon (Go Hokies), but I think my Hokie magnet will work just fine on the Barcelona

Rena

18. meshell

meshell New Member

i got a barcelona red prius and the same night my hubby got a salsa red scion xb...i was jealous at first, but it grew on me. i didn't even want a red car to begin with, but i became so enchanted w/ the fully loaded prius that i had to have it right then and there!!! no regrets, i love the color. :D

19. maknowlton

maknowlton New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Three60guy @ Aug 9 2006, 05:30 PM) [snapback]300420[/snapback]</div>

Same here... the Salsa red kind of looks like red wine - that maybe someone took a bath in. :p (just kidding!)

I love my Barcelona red... wouldn't change it for anything. (Well, if I was rich, I'd get a Silver Pine Mica, too. Soothing for those mornings that you don't really want to wake up.)

20. Cocoatreat

Cocoatreat New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kimharm @ Mar 22 2006, 02:55 PM) [snapback]228525[/snapback]</div>
    when i bought my "red salsa" in october...i really didnt want a red car. red is my favorite car, but in a car its not my best choice. when i saw that color alive & in person i actually loved it!!! its not exactly fire engine red, but a burgundy. its soooo classy & beautiful. truly i was surprised that toyota changed the color. i think that barcelona is nice....but if i had bought it....i dont think i would have liked it quite as much. red salsa rocks! but barcelona is good 2.....but hey--i'm biased.....its a prius, so u cant go wrong in any color! just do it!