1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Salsa Red BC

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by IsrAmeriPrius, Sep 16, 2004.

1. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I took delivery yesterday, September 15.

I have been working with a broker friend for eleven months. Originally, I ordered a 2004 Tideland Pearl BC (#9) at MSRP. Delivery was promised in two to three months. We later found out that the dealer where my broker placed the order allocated four cars to the retail side, which gets the pick of the litter and where they charge and receive hefty premiums, for every car sold through the fleet side. We were not aware of those pesky little details when my order was placed.

When I realized that that there was no resemblance between the color patch in the brochure and the actual color of the car, I changed my order to Salsa Red with Seaside Pearl as an alternate. Several times, I was offered cars from my broker, from sources other than where the order was placed, at $2,000 over MSRP. I turned those down. North Hollywood Toyota, through a Costco referral, offered me one on April Fools day for $5,000 over MSRP.

The car that I ordered finally arrived in early June, except that it was black. There is no way that I am willing to drive a black car in the summer months in the San Fernando Valley without having covered parking at work. Besides, I did not want to drive a year old car in three months.

My broker told me that she hoped to have a car for me in October.

I got the call at lunch yesterday. One of her contacts received a bonus car that was mine if I was willing to pay $500 over MSRP. I simply could not resist the temptation to have the first 2005 on the block. Seriously, my seventeen years old MBZ is in constant need of repairs that could easily cost more than that (I knew it was an omen when I needed front brake pads last Friday).

It a nice way to start the Jewish New Year.

I love it.