1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Seaside or Salsa Package 6 8/27 in Ramsey, NJ

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by hybridsrule, Oct 13, 2005.

1. hybridsrule

hybridsrule New Member

I am reposting this since everything got lost prior to August 18. I ordered a 2005 Pruis with package 6 in either Salsa Red or Seaside Pearl whichever one comes in first since I like them both. Since ordering from Prestige Toyota in Ramsey, NJ I have been offered every color but the two I want. Oh well I realize they are hard to come by but sometimes these dealers are nuts with how they treat people. I also think the way Toyota decides what to build and how to allocate them is very bizarre. I never had a problem like this getting a car. I am told my car (one of my colors) is on the boat and on it's way. I am also told I will be able to take delivery absolutely, positively by the end of October guaranteed. Hope it's true. It will have been two months which is better than some I guess.

My question...and I do have one is, it almost seems stupid at this point to be taking delivery on a 2005 when the 2006's are around the corner. It didn't seem quite so silly when I ordered in August 2005 for delivery in September. But now that it is trrning into the end of October for me taking delivery I am not sure. My dealer is telling me they won't be getting any 2006 models until Feb/March. Is he trying to just keep me in my 2005 at all costs as they become harder to sell with the new models coming in shortly? I have seen others posting here that are being told November/December for the 2006's. Also no-one seems to know what the price difference will be between the 2005's and 2006's. Less than $1000.00 would be OK. The package specs are posted and that seems pretty set in stone. Is it stupid to get a 2005 this late in the model year?? I have a feeling my 2005 will have a production date of September 2005 so it's not like it is an old inventory. I really love the 2005 Prius and there isn't much changed in the 2006 to get me that excited. I do like the rear camera and the MP3 connection for my iPod. The leather is a take it or leave it as long as the current seats are comfortable and wear well. Does the old adage about the minute you drive a car off the lot it loses a significant amount of it's value hold true? Would it make more sense to wait for a 2006? I would definitely consider it if the time frame was November/December at the latest and the price wasn't too much more than the comparable 2005. I don't want to wait and really can't until Jan, Feb or even March. My wife and I are sharing one vehicle and it will start to cause problems the longer we have to continue to do that.

What do you guys think? Let me know.

Sorry about the long post. Should I shop around at other dealers or is it too late at this point to start from scratch.

2. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

;) For the ~$2100 tax difference, you could buy a 2006 and rent a car in the interim or buy a beater and sell it again in when you're done.
    Then you'll have a 2006 instead of a 2005 which will hold its value longer.