1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Seaside Pearl Arrives

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by hybridsrule, Oct 22, 2005.

1. hybridsrule

hybridsrule New Member

WOW!!! That's all I can say about my new 2005 Seaside Pearl baby with Package 6. I am more in love with it than I thought I would be. Be driving it all day and reading the books, and paring my Bluetooth phone with it (Verizon sucks big time for disabling the ability to transfer the phone book).

The Navigation system rocks beyond belief. I have an appointement next week to get my 3M Paint Protection system applied before anything bad happens to it and I have an appointement with Jon at SiriusPrius to get the Sirius Sat radio integrated into my Nav system.

I love the car. It rides really smooth and looks beautiful in Seaside. I had ordered either the Seaside Blue or Salsa Red depending on which one came in first and the blue is spectacular. I already have a 1996 Cayenne Red Nissan Pathfinder (very similar to Salsa Red) so this will be a nice change.

My dealer gave me a fair price of $300 below MSRP and it only took 2 months for me to get it...not too bad considering the wait others have had.

What is the general consensus on teh extended warranty??? I generally avoid them especially at the $1750 my finance guy tried to sell me. My opinion has always been that they are pure dealer profit and that if you are buying a well made car by one of the better car manufacturer's like Toyota, Honda or Nissan than they are a waste of money and you will never see your return on it. Anybody think otherwise? Anyone have any "REAL LIFE" expereince with the extended warranty on the Prius?

I have been lurking mostly and posting sometimes on these forums and can't thank everyone enought for all the valuable insight and inoframtion they were able to impart. It's great to be part of this Hybrid movement and I hope I can be of help to others down the line as I get acclimated to my new baby blue baby.

Take care,

Don

2. MBranstein

MBranstein New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    $300 below invoice!?!? $300 below MSRP perhaps?

Can I ask your packages and pricing details you paid?

3. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Congrats, Don! Enjoy heck out of it!

Counting down to my seaside '06...

4. hybridsrule

hybridsrule New Member

Ooops!! I meant to say $300 below MSRP and it is with Package 6. Sorry for the confusion. I laready modified my original post to reflect it.

Take care,

Don

5. TidelandAZ

TidelandAZ New Member

Congrats Don!

On the warranty, I went with my dealer's offer of 6 yr/75K for $999, but if you contact the folks here on the forum, you can do better than that. I'm looking at cancelling mine and going with the ones here (see the "PriusChat Offers" list), but I don't have the paperwork yet to cancel the original. I'm going to wait til the end of the week to see if I get the paperwork (that will only be week 2 of owning the car) and go ahead and order a new policy and cancel the old one.

I'm having a blast with my package 6 Tideland Pearl. I already e-bayed my old Garmin iQue GPS system!

6. Technogeek

Technogeek New Member

Skip the warranty until your factory warranty nears its end. Then buy the extended warranty. There is no sense putting money into something that early in the vehicle's life when the warranty won't even be used because the factory warranty will cover you. Just wait and buy the extended warranty prior to the expiration of your factory warranty. There is usually a discount for buying the extended warranty while your car is still under factory warranty. If you wait until the factory warranty expires, it will cost you a few hundred more. Don't tie up your money in a warranty for a brand new car, you might not even own the car 3 years or 36K miles from now. What if your car is involved in an accident prior to the expiration of the factory warranty and the vehicle is totalled, or you sell it to get a newer hybrid that gets 100MPG. Keep that money in your pocket until you need the extended warranty. Congratulations on the new Prius!!!

7. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations, Don, on your new baby blue baby! Like Technogeek said, there's no rush for the extended warranty, and you can get it off PriusChat cheaper.

Also welcome to PriusChat! I'm sure you've learned a lot lurking, but now that you have your Prius, the real fun, and some real questions, begins. Feel free to ask!

8. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Welcome!

Seaside Pearl rocks!

:)

9. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

Yeah. :). I have that same car, same package. Nice all around!

10. KENSTOLLER

KENSTOLLER New Member