1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Silver, #1, 7/11/05, Muskogee, OK

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by Bill Lumbergh, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Bill Lumbergh

Bill Lumbergh USAF Aircraft Maintainer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My car is scheduled to be delivered to the dealer on the 22nd of July! The wait time from order to delivery is only 12 days!

For those of you in the Dallas area on a collossal waiting list, make the 3-hour drive to Muskogee, OK if you want to shorten your wait time.

Ordered: 11 July
    Timeframe: 2-4 weeks
    Color: Silver
    Option Package: 1 (I don't need all the fancy electronics...I add my own)
    Number on Dealer's List: Numero Uno

Picking it up on the 26th of July and driving the 4000 miles back to Alaska.

2. Bill Lumbergh

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's arrived! I checked online and found my car arrived a week early. I'll be picking it up on the 26th.

The wait is killing me.

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

Congrats! Sounds like you are going to have lots of insights to share with us after your 4000 mile trip!

4. Bill Lumbergh

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Picked up the car on the 26th of July as scheduled. Salesman and service department hooked me up and treated me right, but the finance manager (Ron Bickle) engaged in deceptive business practices and was a real pain to deal with.

Ron wouldn't quote me what interest rate I qualified for over the phone, except to say it's "right about 6%". When I got there, it was 6.3%. it took a whole 5 seconds for him to look it up in his book. He also stated he wouldn't accept Capital One Auto Financing because "they gave us problems before". Cap One would have given me 5.35%.

The last thing was the $250 off coupon they had on their website. When I presented it, he said he couldn't accept it because I hadn't discussed it with the Internet Manager first. I mentioned it no less than 4 times prior to my arrival that I would be using it and I was always told to just "tell the Finance Manager and he'll take care of it". Ultimately I got the $250 off. I swear, it's like pulling teeth with these people.

If I had to do it over again, I would have probably not bought the car.

5. baxsie

baxsie Member

Bummer you had a rough time of it.

Except for the price (good, bad, who knows?) my deal went off without a hitch. I did make them fax me a final number before pickup so I could have the check prepared, that seemed to explain to them in no uncertain terms that add-ons were out.

On the bright side YOU GOT A PRIUS!