1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Summer Meetup?

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by engunneer, Jul 3, 2005.

1. engunneer

engunneer Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I'd like to get together with other Prius owners for a picture shoot. I have a hobby of spherical panoramic photography, and would love to see i ring of Prii. (Nose in around the camera or something. We could even have each person sitting in thiers for the shoot.)

Any takers? I vote for somewhere around Seattle, or maybe down towards Kent? (Basically about a 45 min drive from downtown seattle would work well for me.)

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Count me in.

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    im good. any sunday will do. any other day is good but will need at least two weeks notice.

some ideas we were kicking around. a group photo with Prius and identifiable NW landmark.

Alki Point would be good with Space Needle behind us. also some thought Diablo Dam on North Cascades Hiway would be cool. bit far out for everyone but killer scenery.

4. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

45 minute drive??????????? I might be able to get to and thru the border in 45 min.

5. kjdunlap

kjdunlap Three Prii family 2013 V, 2013 C and a 2005.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I would be interested.
    [hr:d97471151f]
    '05 Salsa Red Package #4
    Mods:
    Auto-dimming Mirror with Homelink Garage Door Opener
    6 CD Disk Changer
    Automatic Door Locks

6. bookrats

bookrats New Member

I'll be in and out this summer/early fall, but I'd love to be there.

7. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    great!! now that we have some interest, how about some suggestions for possible meet spots?

8. bookrats

bookrats New Member

I'm very ignorant of local geography, but a thought:

Is there a park or picnic area along Puget Sound, south of Tacoma, where we could meet? Or, alternatively, a restaurant?

I've seen a number of them when I've taken Amtrak down to Portland; it's always struck me as a nice place to meet. (No idea if it's practical.)

9. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

you guy's and gal's down there will have to pick the spot as your knowledge of the sound is way better than mine, soooo pick a spot and lets get on with it.

10. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ok sooo no one has a suggestion??

now, i dont know how this will work or even if its viable. saw it on the google Earth program. there is an island just south of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge on hiway 16 called Fox Island. it looks pretty cool from a satellite perspective and the there is a bridge on the Kitsap side of the bridge that goes out there. i will check to see if there is anywhere public we can meet.

it does kinda look like a super rich private area only type of place so i might just take a ride out there to scout around. anyone know anything about it?

11. oly_57mpg

oly_57mpg New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Count me in for the shot too... Just give a good lead time!

I don't know much about Fox Island.

However some of these thoughts come to mind...

Seattle to Bainbridge ferry. WSF does special events, perhaps if we asked nicely they would load all the Prii in the front of the boat, for a ton-o-prius-on-a-boat-shot. Or the load the Prii at rear of the boat for some some Seattle skyline puget sound shots... I've been on the ferry a few times when they have done death/remembrances... so anything is possible...

There is a street that runs along Murden Cove that looks right over at Seattle. There is _not_ enough room to do a circular shot but there would be enough room if we all parked. From what I remember... it's legal to park on the road, as long as we have a flagger...

In Olympia, the capital, there is more than enough room to complete a panorama shot... plus the capital would be in the background.

There is a park in Seattle, just off of W Highland Dr that has a downtown view of Seattle. But, again, no room for a circle, side by side - yes.

There is always a lot of room in the dirt parking lot by the King st. Amtrak station.

This is also some room on top of the parking garage next to safeco field.

The biggest problem is that Seattle is just WAY TO OVER crowded to do a group shot, imho. It's not a car friendly city... ESP. when there is some sporting event occurring.

12. engunneer

engunneer Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    If we choose a date at the end of august or early september, I think the weather will be nice. I plan on making cutom liscence plate frames (If I have the time) for everyone who comes, but I would need to know what you want it to say. Each one has the PriusChat logo along the bottom, and mine has my username along the top. If you don't want your username on top, please suggest a (short) slogan instead.

how many extras should I make for people who come without telling me what they want on the frame?

Anyway, as far as a place, it looks like all (excepy Frank) are from Olympia, Seattle, Kent, or Kirkland. Perhaps we should go somewhere around Kent or just to the east of Kent, since that's sort of equidistant for everyone. (Though a nice park in Redmond or something might be better for Frank?)

Thoughts?