1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Tideland Pearl AM Pkg Seattle, WA - Dec. 10th

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by goodmart, Dec 13, 2004.

1. goodmart

goodmart Junior Member

I have been a lurker up to this point. I started the process in May 2004 after my Subaru Outback acted up again and I decided that paying for costly repairs even if I love the car, is not in my future.

I talked to 4 different dealers in the Seattle Area.. Doxon, Toyota of Seattle, Toyota of Puyallup, and Toyota of Kirkland. Only the last one wanted a $500 deposit and after paying it, I asked for a refund a few months later. I told them I didn't want to support their "money float". Several offers came from these dealers early on for a car that was above MSRP, but I held on and said I would wait and pay only what I felt was ethical (and affordable). I started with a 2004 on order and that changed to a 2005. Not sure I ever had a serious order in until I received the keyring from Toyota and someone here posted that you got that only if an order was in.

I'd like to know if anyone else has been offered Mobile Guardian for Vehicle Recovery. It would protect agains someone hauling it off on a flatbed. I have not found it searching the site. www.mymobileguardian.com. I am considering it. Any thoughts?

I am also grateful for the Extended Warranty information as the dealer ignored the price I suggested based on that article.

Is it worth getting paint protection, under coating, and seat protection ?? Dave in Olympia said something in April 2004, about a Value Protection Package for $475 and these folks want $750. Dave - where did you get that done? I always feel they make $$ on those items.

Prius or not, car dealerships are a pain, but the car is worth it!!

BAD, I turned down a Silver Prius and waited for Tideland Pearl. My only goal was to get it in 2004 before the declining Tax Rebate but now I hear that has changed so it might not have mattered if it came in 2005.

Thanks for all the great tips!

Alice
    Burien, WA
    just West of SeaTac Airport