1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Tideland Pearl, AT #5, 12/26/2003

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by hsvjacket, Oct 8, 2004.

1. hsvjacket

hsvjacket Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yes, 12/26/2003
    Bill Penney Toyota, Huntsville, AL
    Originally 3 months
    Originally 2004 Millennium Silver
    Originally package #7
    Started out at number 17 on the dealer's list, then rose to 11, and finally 6 on the list until now.

It has been nearly 10 long months now, but by checking the dealer's inventory online, it looks like I may finally get my Prius! Not the one I ordered, but a nice one nonetheless. I allowed myself to be seduced by some options (like leather seats) that I had not wanted before, but at least I'm getting it at MSRP. No $1,000 or $3,500 more, or that insane $8,000-$12,000 premium in California that someone mentioned.

NOW . . . Does anyone have any experience in claiming that $480 from Toyota -- their Customer Accommodation Program for people who had placed their orders before March 2004? Seems like it would be handled like a rebate.

Hope to join you on the road in about 10 days!

Regards,
    hsvjacket

2. hsvjacket

hsvjacket Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Got it last night! It took 10 months and quite a bit of arguing with the dealer to get him to honor my order at MSRP (I refused to pay any $1,000 premium), but finally I have my new 2005 Prius. Love the Tideland Pearl and the ivory interior with leather seats. Drove it around a 1-mile loop before moving it from the driveway to the garage last night and the gasoline engine ran for about 7 seconds only -- the rest of the trip was by electric motors. Very cool!

regards,
    hsvjacket

3. eklabbers

eklabbers New Member

Congratulations on your new car! I have a Tideland Pearl myself and really enjoy it so far. How much did they charge for the leather interior? That's probably even more than a 1k markup.

Esther

4. hsvjacket

hsvjacket Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    $1298 for the leather faced seats, front and back. The console lid and armrests did not get the same treatment -- they have the same "suede" finish that goes with "cloth" upholstery.